Who is Harlee's Angels
Harlee's Angels is a small 501(c)(3) non-profit animal rescue organization dedicated to saving the lives of homeless, abused and neglected dogs in United States. Harlee's Angels changes the lives of homeless dogs through its foster home program. Harlee's Angles focuses on dogs with special needs, seniors and those others think aren't worthy of help.
Harlee's Angels provides:
- Rescues dogs in county animal shelters that would otherwise be euthanized. Each dog is placed in foster care, receives veterinary care, and sterilization.
- Foster care for dog surrendered by their owners who either can no longer provide for the pets or no longer wish to have them in their homes.
- Adoption of rescued dogs to qualified homes that have been properly screened and counseled by our adoption coordinators and foster parents to maintain the pet in the home for a lifetime.
- Training of leadership team members and volunteers in the areas of humane education, animal welfare, animal behavior and care, and disaster response.
- Education to the public in the form of counseling, pet behavior consultation and training,
- Temporary assistance in whatever manner needed, when possible to help families keep their pets.
Harlee's Angels Vision
Harlee's Angels is recognized as a major resource for the welfare of homeless, abandoned and abused companion animals in the United States.
Our goal is to lower euthanasia rates at county animal controls by:
- Bringing unwanted dogs into our program for medical, social rehabilitation and re-homing.
- Providing resources to pet owners to encourage their responsibility and commitment to their pets and prevent them from contributing to the homeless pet population (i.e. spay/neuter awareness, microchipping, etc.).
We want to be a valuable resource to our community. We believe that one person can make the difference in the life of an animal in need, so as an organization, we have more strength to help more animals.
"We shed many tears every day that we cannot bring all those in need into our homes, but it just isn't physically possible." - Lee Stevens, Founder/President of Harlee's Angels
lee: Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:17 AM
Omg... I can't believe it is all coming together..finally.Thank you baby girl for being the inspiration behind this group. You were and always will be my canine soul mate. No one will ever take your place. Thank you for keeping us under your wings and always guiding me to where I need to be. I miss you sweetie... mommy loves you.
Read more LOG post from our founder Lee Stevens